Not art related, but hipe someone from the states can help me out. I have a kid on the way and need something from amazone, but they dont ship to europe. Anyone that got time to help me out?
You may also wish to consider a parcel-forwarding service
I recently used Parcl.com
for the first time. This is an Australian-based site that brings together individuals willing to ship parcels (and also purchase goods) for other people from their home country.www.parcl.com/about/www.parcl.com/how-it-works/customer/
My own transaction went quite smoothly. I needed someone in Finland to:
(i) buy a gift from a shop in Helsinki (which only accepted debit and credit cards registered to Finnish addresses); and
(ii) ship it to a friend in Estonia.Pricing
My item cost the euro equivalent of US $760.79. Fees
- $5.00 for purchase assistance;
- $10.00 for insurance;
- $51.87 for the order processing fees (including Parcl's service commission and PayPal's transaction fee); and
- $18.31 shipping fee for the actual forwarding to Estonia. Total cost
: US $845.97Chronology
- 19 June: Me registering on Parcl.com and initiating a service request to two Finnish forwarders.
- 20 June: One forwarder makes me an offer, which I immediately accept.
- 21 June: I make a PayPal payment of $845.97 to Parcl.com.
- 21 June: The forwarder purchases the item on my behalf.
- 1 July: Item received by the forwarder from the shop in Helsinki.
- 3 July: Forwarder ships item from Finland to Estonia.
- 8 July: Item safely received in Estonia.