URBAN ART ASSOCIATION
Member Since: January 2006
Please Read - FORUM RULES, by Daniel Silk on Apr 24, 2015 11:09:23 GMT 1,
Rules & Guidelines
The following rules and guidelines are not exhaustive and have been designed to give some guidance on how to get the best out of this forum and set expectation about what is and isn’t acceptable behaviour. Forum Staff may sometimes make decisions independent of the rules & guidelines if it is for the good of the forum and the community as a whole.
If you have any queries or concerns, you are more than welcome to contact any of the Forum Staff or Daniel Silk.
An up to date list of the Forum Staff can be found here:
1. As a member you are only allowed to use one forum account.
Having a second, personal account is discouraged as this can sometimes be seen as a conflict of interest amongst the community. It is however entirely plausible that a Gallery may be a member of this forum and employees of the same Gallery are also personal members.
Artists & Galleries are always welcome and encouraged to actively contribute and participate in our forum. As an Artist or Gallery it is appropriate that members know of your status and, upon acceptance of your registration (or for existing members or at your earliest convenience), you should contact Daniel Silk to ensure you are granted your Artist or Gallery Status. Similarly, any Gallery Staff accounts should also be identified so we can ensure they are associated with the correct gallery and the correct membership status applied.
2. Sexist, Homophobic, Racist, Threatening or Abusive behaviour is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
3. Disclosure of Personal details or posting of photos with the intention of identifying a Forum Member or their location, without their express consent is not permitted.
4. Accusations of illegal activity by anyone must be backed up by reliable evidence immediately; Any false or unfounded allegations could be considered harassment, defamation and damaging to an individual or commercial reputation.
5. any views or opinions expressed on this forum are of the individual member concerned and are not supported or endorsed by the Urban Art Association and the Banksy Forum.
6. Spam Advertising or Trolling of links to / of other sites is not permitted and will be removed.
Posting and Sales Threads:
7. Forum Members should explore the forum and familiarise themselves with the wealth of information available to them and how it is structured. When creating new posts or threads members should do their best to place them in the correct Board or Thread. In order to maintain this structure and accessibility, Forum Staff reserve the right to move your Thread or Post to a more appropriate area if needed.
8. Threads should remain on topic, if you wish to start a separate discussion then please raise another thread. Similarly, members should not make posts with the intention of provoking or aggravating other members or inciting members to cause issue or distress on the forum.
We encourage new members to “Introduce Yourself”, participate in the forum and enjoy becoming part of the community before attempting to sell goods.
9. Unless you have previously discussed and agreed the need with a Forum Guardian; All Sales must be kept to a single Thread. Forum Staff reserve the right to consolidate your sales threads without warning if you post multiple threads.
10. In Sales threads you are asked to post as much info as possible.
There are occasions where discretion is required and information will be readily available over PM – which should be made clear in your sales thread.
11. In Sales Threads; please respect the Original Poster’s valuation. Whilst you may believe you have a valid opinion on what a sensible market value is, another member’s For Sale Thread is not the place to debate the matter. If you have a differing view you should refer to the valuation threads and debate the matter there.
12. Remember, all Sales / Trades / Swaps are carried out at your own risk. Ensure that you are diligent in validating your potential acquisition and whenever possible ensure you obtain as much provenance for your new acquisition as possible. If you are acquiring / trading high-value items you should ensure you are confident in the transaction, if in doubt do not feel obliged or pressured into completing a deal. Whenever possible try to do all deals face to face so you can avoid any problems.
13. Please also remember that sometimes things can go wrong that are out of either parties control. Please try as much as possible to resolve any issues via PM as public disputes rarely resolve matters for any parties involved. We are a community and if you are not able to resolve matters directly, the Forum Staff are here to offer help and advice whenever possible.
14. Forum Staff are the only people authorised to enforce the rules of the forum. Members should refrain from posting comments regarding rule-breaking as this is sometimes down to personal interpretation and can become contentious. If you feel any rule is being broken then please contact a member of the Forum Staff or Daniel Silk. They will consider the issue and provide any clarity needed.
15. Members of this forum are expected to behave appropriately and respectfully towards each other, the Forum Staff, Urban Art Association and The Banksy Forum at all times. Members should respect other people’s opinions on all subjects even if you don't agree with them. Please remember that everybody is entitled to share his or her views without harassment, abuse or discrimination. If you notice or receive any threatening comments then you should report this immediately to a member of the Forum Staff as we are committed to ensuring our members are able to enjoy and participate in the Banksy Forum as much as possible without fear of offense or abuse.
16. We all love a good competition – the more engaging and involving for the community the better. However, if entry to your competition only requires a simple acknowledgement of interest then please restrict entry to be based on ‘Likes’. Incremental lists and ‘random comment’ qualifications clog the Recent Posts board, and the ‘Active Threads’ can become dominated by competitions – especially given the great giveaways that have come up lately.
Please don’t see this as any discouragement of competitions and giveaways – its part of the fantastic community we have so we are just striving to keep the boards engaging for everyone.
17. Forum staff can Edit, Move or Remove any Posts or Threads that breach the above rules as and when appropriate. This could ultimately lead to a suspension or a ban for those involved which will be at the sole discretion of the Forum Founder, Daniel Silk.